I started a Gratitude Jar at the start of the year as one of my new years resolutions, and it’s one of the best things I have ever done.
All you have to do is take a moment each day to write down something that you are grateful for and put it in a jar. It’s a great exercise, because it forces you to be mindful of the positive things that happen throughout your day. And when you’re having a particularly bad day, you can have a look at all the positive things that have happened to you.
To make your own Gratitude Jar all you need is:
- An old jar
- Scrapes paper to write on
- Ribbon and a label to decorate (optional)
But I don’t have anything to be grateful for!
Really? The simple fact that you’re reading this, means that you either have (or have access to) a computer with internet, which means you have electricity, and you’re probably sitting on a pretty comfy chair too. You can find an almost infinite number of things to be grateful for by focusing on the little things that you usually take for granted. A few examples of some of my own gratitude’s include:
- Didn’t have to wait in line at the coffee shop! And my soy latte tasted AMAZING!
- Enjoyed a delicious Eggplant Rollatini for dinner tonight!
- Relaxing Friday night eating home made popcorn and watching a movie with my husband.
Do you have a gratitude jar? If so, has it had a positive effect on your attitude or outlook on life? Please tell me about it in the comments!